Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January 11, 2012

I was sitting in class today when my ex-fiance sent me a text. I have since deleted it, but it said something to effect of Hey, it's been a while. You popped into my head. I hope you're doing well. Without getting into too many details, this is the man that I was with for a little over 8 years, who decided to end our relationship about a week before Christmas 2 years ago, who wrote and posted a personal ad before I had a chance move out a few weeks later, who moved another guy into his house about 2 months after that, who wouldn't allow me to recover most of the furniture that I had purchased during our relationship, who then stopped talking to me all together. I can only imagine what way I popped into his head.

In order to build a relationship with someone, you have to build a friendship with that person as well. I feel like I did that with him during the course of our relationship, but the way I was treated after our relationship ended was nothing resembling friendship. Part of me would like nothing more than to be able to once again share a friendship with someone that I've known for a very long time, but then again, not speaking to him has made life that much easier for me. I have forgiven him long ago for the difficult path that I had to walk as a result of him, but even after you forgive someone, it doesn't mean that you don't have to be friends with them. Maybe one day we'll run into each other and a friendship will begin again. Doubtful, but who knows what life has in store for us.

At any rate I replied to his text with Doing well, thanks. And that, as they say, is that.

No comments:

Post a Comment